Family Fishing 101 — Back by popular demand
Event on 2012-08-18 09:15:00
Conasauga River Fishing 101
Join Keeping It Wild and Let’s Go Fishing, USA, Inc for a day of fishing along the sparkling Conasauga River. The river extends about 95 miles through the Cohutta Wilderness area within the Chattahoochee National Forest, in north Georgia and southern Tennessee. We will fish for trout, black bass, bream and catfish (all other fish will be released). A pro fisherman will teach small groups on basic fishing techniques and enthical fishing practices. Each session will be about one hour. You are welcome to bring your own fishing pole (assuming all responsibility for your personal gear). Kiddy poles are not recommended.
- Family Fishing 101 — Saturday, August 18, 2012
- per person (all ages – children and adults)
- Children must be accompanied by supervising adult at all times
- Meeting at 9:15 AM in Cisco, GA (caravanning to fishing spot from Cisco)
- Detailed directions provided upon registration completion
- Fishing gear, bait and tackle provided
- Pro fisherman will instruct small groups (please be flexible)
- Ages 16 and up must have a GA Fishing license ( at Wal-Mart)
- Purchase Fishing and Trout license online .50 << click on link
- Freshwater and Trout Fishing Rules & Conasauga River Fishing Tips
- Printable Fishing coloring book and Printable Fishing Log (bring to event)
- All registered children entered into drawing for “new” fishing pole
- Each family will receive a copy of Angler’s Pocket Guide
- Sorry no walk up registrations or refunds after Aug 15
What to bring:
Swim suit, sunscreen, insect repellent, water shoes, light hiking shoes, towel, life jacket (if needed), rain gear, lunch, water, snacks and something to sit upon (we will be out all day). In addition, you may need a change of clothes for the ride home.
Swim Alert: No lifeguard on duty – swim at your own risk
Pet Policy:For the comfort of all thank you for not bringing pets
Family Safe Policy: Smoke, Alcohol and Drug Free
Medical Alert: If you are allergic to bees or wasps please bring your meds
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
All ages welcome per person (plus fees). Fishing license required by law for ages 16 and up. See link above to purchase online.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Unfortunately transportation is not provided for this event. We are meeting in Cisco, GA and caravanning to the fishing spot. Please plan your time accordingly to arrive by 9:15 AM. Please beaware we will travel on a dirt road from Cisco.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? no ticket required
What is the refund policy? No refunds after August 15. But you are welcome to send someone in your place.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
JYes, just let us know who is coming in your place.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions? www.AtlantaKeepingItWild@gmail.com
Cisco, United States